FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Paula Rivera
- (201) 307-2824
HERTZ 24/7® CRUISES INTO CENTRAL FLORIDA
-- New Partnership Brings Hourly Car Rental to Orlando Area Residents --
PARK RIDGE, NJ, October 10, 2013 – Hertz (NYSE: HTZ) and the Florida Department of Transportation announced today the Central Florida Carshare Program offering Orlando area residents Hertz 24/7 hourly car rentals. Hertz 24/7 allows customers to rent a wide variety of vehicles near their home or work, day or night. Residents and visitors can sign up online, and reserve cars which can be picked up from one of Hertz's several convenient locations throughout the city and experience the enhanced benefits offered by Hertz 24/7.
"We're excited that the Florida Department of Transportation and city of Orlando have chosen Hertz 24/7 for its residents," commented Scott Sider, Group President, Hertz Rent A Car, The Americas. "Hertz's 24/7 hourly rentals are less expensive than other services and provide unmatched vehicle choices and unparalleled customer service. Hertz shares Florida's quest for alternative transportation options and is committed to redefining the industry to create the fastest, easiest and most valued rental experience in the industry. By utilizing the resources we have as the leading global car rental company – including best-in-class technology – Hertz is making strides to bring the future of car rental service for our customers."
Hertz is starting the program with 12 vehicles adhering to the city's plan to increase the availability of short-term transportation at an affordable cost, increase the use of public transit and decrease the parking demand in neighborhoods.
Rates will start around $8 an hour depending on the type of vehicle rented and will include fuel and insurance. Enrollment in the program is required in advance, but can be done for free at Hertz247.com. Orlando is looking to strategically decentralize a fleet of well maintained, environmentally-friendly vehicles to an array of convenient locations throughout the city. Hertz 24/7 benefits include:
- No annual fees. Hertz 24/7 does not have membership or annual renewal fees.
- Expansive Selection of Cars. Rental fleet options including the Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa and Chevrolet Camaro, Impala, Captiva, and Equinox. Hertz 24/7 also plans to have a selection of hybrid and fuel efficient vehicles in its fleet.
- Unparalleled Customer Service. Hertz 24/7's industry leading, proprietary in-car technology provides a safe and superior in-car experience. In the vehicle, a hands-free audio kit connects customers to a team of Hertz Customer Care experts - available 24/7, 365 days a year - should customers have questions, need assistance or need to extend their reservation.
- 180 miles a day1, gas and insurance included in the rates and daily rates for longer trips with the ability to rent a car for an hour, a day or even a week.
The Hertz 24/7 customer experience is powered by the fast and easy "Click. Swipe. Go!" process. Visit Hertz247.com or Hertz.com from your mobile device or laptop and complete the simple 24/7 reservation process in just a few minutes and pick up the car at your selected pick up location. Hold and swipe the 24/7 key fob across the reader on the front windshield to unlock the doors and Go! No need to worry about the keys as they are always tethered to the dashboard. In addition, customers can download the Hertz 24/7 Mobile App, available on iPhone and Android, and have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them. Reserve a car, modify a reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations directly on your mobile device, no matter where you are.
Hertz 24/7, a new "self-serve" mobility solution with no annual fees, is an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. The pay-as-you-go service provides customers with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout their city. More than 400,000 customers have signed up for Hertz 24/7 worldwide and is available in six countries and approximately 60 university and corporate campuses.
This first phase of the Central Florida Carshare Program will include vehicles at the following locations:
- Lot 10 at Hughey Avenue and Central Boulevard (2 vehicles)
- CNL parking garage on Boone Avenue behind City Hall (2 vehicles)
- Creative Village on Alexander Place at the end of the LYMMO line (2 vehicles)
- Thornton Park neighborhood at Central Boulevard and Eola Drive (2 vehicles)
- Landmark Center on Broadway Avenue at Robinson Street (2 vehicles)
- Florida Hospital Orlando Campus at Sanitarium Avenue and Rollins Street (2 vehicles)
Hertz 24/7 allows customers to reserve vehicles for immediate rental through a variety of convenient touch points including www.Hertz247.com and www.Hertz.com, interactive kiosks, or mobile devices, for pick up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.* For more information, visit www.Hertz247.com, Hertz.com or follow Hertz 24/7 on Facebook [www.facebook.com/hertz247] or Twitter [www.twitter.com/hertz247].
* Upon completion of a short enrollment form and validation of their driver's license and form of payment at a Hertz location, customers are able to reserve a Hertz 24/7 vehicle, and be on their way the same day.
Hertz operates its car rental business through Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
1 Per 24 hour period