FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- CONTACT (U.S.):
- Paula Rivera
- (201) 307-2824
HERTZ ON DEMAND GOES GOLD
Hertz Gold Members Can Now Enroll in Hertz On Demand and Earn Gold Plus Rewards Points
NEW YORK – January 11, 2012 – The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ) today announced automatic enrollment for Hertz Gold members in the Company's rent as you go, hourly car rental service, Hertz On Demand, and the added member benefit of earning Gold Plus Rewards Points with each Hertz On Demand rental.
"Automatic enrollment in Hertz On Demand for all Hertz Gold members is a natural evolution for our hourly car rental service," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "Hertz On Demand is free to join, with no annual membership fees. We are delighted to add the additional benefit of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program for our Hertz On Demand members. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is the most advantageous rewards program in the industry with Points that do not expire or have blackout dates, and members can quickly accumulate and redeem Points for free rental days with Hertz Rent-A-Car".
Members of the Hertz Gold program are now able to visit www.HertzOnDemand.com/goldenroll to experience a shortened Hertz On Demand enrollment process. When entering their Gold number, the existing information is used to create a Hertz On Demand member profile. Once completed, a confirmation email is sent and a welcome kit is mailed to the member.
In addition, Hertz On Demand members are now eligible to enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™, Hertz's free rewards program that provides customers with a wide range of flexible rewards including Points that never expire, 'AnyDay' reward options with no blackouts, easy online redemption on Hertz.com, international point accrual, and a wide variety of car rewards including cars from any of Hertz's Collections -- the Adrenaline, Green Traveler, and Prestige Collections. Hertz On Demand members must be a member of Hertz Gold to earn Gold Plus Rewards Points.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members receive one Point for each qualifying dollar spent on a completed Hertz On Demand rental. Free weekend rental days are only 500 Points, making Gold Plus Rewards one of the fastest ways to earn free rental days. Members can use Points when it's convenient for them as Points don't expire; simply earn or redeem Points and existing Points renew for an additional 24 months. Points are tracked automatically and can be redeemed online.
To introduce Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, Hertz is offering fee waived Gold Service, normally $60 annually, through March 31, 2012. For Gold Plus Rewards details, to enroll, and to earn Gold Plus Rewards Points on all qualifying rentals, customers simply need to visit www.HertzGoldPlusRewards.com.
Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. The service is a pay-as-you-go system, providing members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout their city. It has approximately 114,000 members, is available in six countries and on approximately 60 university campuses. Overall, Hertz On Demand offers its members products and services that are unmatched in the car sharing industry, including:
- The elimination of all membership and renewal fees in the U.S. and Europe.
- Guaranteed vehicle availability Monday through Thursday in New York City.
- One-way car sharing rentals between 75 locations in New York City and JFK, LaGuardia and Newark Airports.
- An expanded car sharing fleet with new vehicles added to the service. The U.S. fleet includes luxury cars, such as the Cadillac Escalade, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia; and cars suitable for moving, including the Ford Transit Connect and the Nissan Titan pick-up truck. Additionally, a variety of electric vehicles are available at select locations, including the Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF, and smart fortwo electric drive.
- Simplified reservation process. A redesigned member website, www.HertzOnDemand.com, has a simplified reservation process, including one way map routing and reservations, enhanced search capabilities, faster page load times and enhanced details about car makes and models.
- Unparalleled Member Service. Hertz On Demand's industry leading in-car technology provides members a safe and superior car rental experience. Upon enrolling, members receive a smart chip enabled card which gives them keyless entry to any reserved car. In the vehicle, a hands-free audio kit connects members to an in-house Member Care Center representative - available 24/7, 365 days a year - should they need assistance or need to extend their reservation. Hertz On Demand cars are equipped with iPod and Bluetooth connectivity, for hands free driving, as well as EZ Pass transponders
- 180 miles per 24 hour period, gas and insurance are included in rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members are not charged late fees for returning the car late.
About Hertz On Demand
Hertz on Demand, Hertz's global car sharing club, has more than 850 vehicles, 120,000 members and more than 250 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Hertz on Demand offers a variety of vehicles available for online reservation at competitive rates. All cars are equipped with Eileo® technology, and benefits covered by the hourly rate include gas, insurance, GPS turn-by-turn navigation, 24/7 roadside assistance, 24-hour Member Care Center communication, and 180 free miles per day. For more information, visit www.HertzOnDemand.com.
Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand operating from more than 8,500 locations in 146 countries worldwide. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 83 major airports in Europe, operating both corporate and licensee locations in cities and airports in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Company also operates the Advantage car rental brand at 26 airports in the U.S. In addition, Hertz operates one of the world's largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, offering a diverse line of rental equipment, including tools and supplies, and new and used equipment for sale from approximately 325 branches in the United States, Canada, China, France, Italy, Spain and Saudi Arabia. And, Hertz owns Donlen Corporation, based in Northbrook, Illinois, which is a leader in fleet leasing and management services.